The work of the United Nations Human Rights Council in Geneva is being severely undermined by the United Arab Emirates agenda. After holding fake events, showering media with fake press statements and quotes from human rights atavists, UAE is now waging another war against its political rivals such as Qatar, Kuwait and other Arab and European countries.
Whereas, United Arab Emirates has no good record of human rights, it attempts to create its own lobby. Money is being poured at NGOs and individuals, especially Arab nationals in Europe from Egypt, Syria and Lebanon. UAE is investing millions so far to put pressure on its rivals only for media show not to improve human rights. Our previous investigations carried out last year and in February 2018 revealed how an organisation called "Arab Federation For Human Rights" run by UAE national Ahmad Thani al Hamili created fake alliance of organisations to work on behalf of UAE.
Our reports also showed how dirty money affected the agenda of human rights council where the rooms and statements are being sold onboard of the council different sessions.
IUNW discovered that three Egyptian NGOs with ECOSOC Special Consultative status are waging a propaganda and anti human rights campaigns in the council. The Egyptian Organization For Human Rights (EOHR), Maat for peace, Development and human Rights Association, Ecumenical Alliance for Human Rights and Development (EAHRD).
New Stunt, "International Alliance for Peace and Development"
MAAT For Peace Development and Human Rights has joined the band with new announcement that it has formed an alliance of NGOs to promote peace and development worldwide. Meanwhile, the very first announcement of this alliance was not about what it seeks to achieve. The announcement was about "Terrorism" where it said clearly it will fight the Turkish-Qatari terrorism.
During our quick investigation into this new alliance and the organisation behind it, "International Alliance for Peace and Development", we have obtained clarified information that UAE paid €25.000 for each and every organization that joins this alliance, with over 1 million EURO paid so far. The funds have been already paid to Mr. Ayman Okeil of the MAAT For Peace Development and Human Rights. IUNW could not confirm these information or verify them through third party experts.
"International Alliance for Peace and Development" has created a Facebook and added the name of the organisations which claimed they are part of the initiatives. Although, it claims to be an umbrella of 40 organisations, only 27 are listed in its Facebook page.
IUNW team has communicated 70% of the organisations listed below. The teams concluded after speaking to the directors and chairs of the 27 organisations, that only 15 organisations signed up to be part of this alliance. Others were misled and knew from us that their name was arbitrary and illegally added into the this alliance. Some of the seniors within these organisation told IUNW that they will seek legal action against Mr. Ayman Okeil of the MAAT For Peace Development and Human Rights
- Ecumenical Alliance for Human Rights and Development (EAHRD).
- Partners For Transparency, Egypt,
- Kulturos Centras "In Actio", Lithuania,
- Club Culturel Ali Belgouane, Tunisia
- Volunteers Without Borders, Lebanon
- Assyrian Monitor For Human Rights, Sweden,
- Cultivons La Paix, Tunisa,
- Darna, Spain,
- Entrepreneurship and Social Economy Group, (ECO), Greece
- Association Femmes Des Deux Rives, Morocco,
- Association International initiatives for Corporation, Bulgaria
- Associacio Sociocultural Per La Cooperacio el Desenvolupament Arrels I Branques, Spain
- Free Sight Association, Tunisia
- Asociacion Viaje a La Sostenibilidad, Spain
- Initiatives Citoynnes Pour Un Islam De Belgique, Belguim,
- Citoynnes Mediterraneennes, France
- Organisation Tunisienne de La Justice Sociale et La Solidarite, Tunisia,
- The Geminarie Group, Malta,
- The National Forum For Human Rights in Yemen, Yemen
- The Iraq Journalists Right Defense Association, Iraq
- Arab World Monitor For Democracy and Elections, Palestine
- Libyan Association For Youth and Development, Libya
- Libyan Academic Organisation,
- The General Union Of Cultural Centres, Kuwait
- Society For Human Rights, Kuwait
- Future Partners For Development, Yemen
- Tamkeen Development Human Rights Organisation, Yemen
- Magazine Le Marxellois, Belgium
- Infotalqual, Spain
- Comunidad De Inteligencia Y Seguridad Global, Spain
As of our own observations during our work onboard of the Human Rights Council sessions, many initiatives were launched for political purposes. International Alliance for Peace and Development is not an innocent or pro human rights activities. We conclude that this alliance will once again be used as "Propaganda" platform to attack countries which are rival to the United Arab Emirates.
IUNW Action Plan on International Alliance for Peace and Development
- The Independent United Nations Watch (IUNW) will keep an eye on the work of International Alliance for Peace and Development and will make sure to spot any fake or propaganda stunt.
- IUNW invite all organisations mentioned in International Alliance for Peace and Development to issue public statements about the nature of their involvement.
- Organisations must make declarations on their financial dealings with Maat for peace, Development and human Rights Association, whether they received funds or not. They must report any cash payments recovered to the Swiss authorities.
- IUNW recommends NGOs involved in this alliance to drop from the list as it may damage their reputation due to the fact that Mr. Okeil is a controversial figure and this will bring about chaos to this alliance.
- IUNW invite International Alliance for Peace and Development to make public statements about its relations with UAE embassy, Mr. Al Hamli and Mr. Ali Rashid Al Nuaimi.